Sunday 12 August 2012

'ello 'ello 'ello...

This afternoon the kids and I cycled to Tufton to pick up some bike parts from our friend Jeremy. Naturally we were looking out as we approached the intersection, I was paying a lot of attention as on a beautiful sunny afternoon you do get people complete jerks out for a bit of harmless fun  endangering others on the public highway.

And sure enough, as we were about 30m from the intersection, underneath the A34 overbridge and just about to start to move out into the centre of the road to turn right, a car did come around the corner. It was moving at what I guess was at least 60MPH, and was cutting the corner - I reckon half the car was over the hatched lines on the corner. It was certainly going too fast for me to register the licence plate number.

What I did manage to see was that it was a very new BMW 5-Series estate.

With POLICE written all over it.

(I didn't see any blue lights on and didn't hear any siren. 4:05pm to be exact).

:-/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use this feature to add your thoughts and experiences on this intersection and vehicle speeds off the A34.